sometimes you fall off the face of the earth.


 Hello everyone, I have been missing in action for the last few weeks.
Summer and the hectic-ness it brings made me neglect my blog.
I have been catching up on every ones blogs I follow.
However I haven't commented.
So sorry about that.

I am feeling a little like a pound in a half-pound jar
of late.
So I am just showing parts of 
my body until I rectify the situation.
Those mint aeros are now a distant memory. 
Also I ran out of clothes . 
Can you believe it, the clothes addict couldn't rustle up a 
decent ensemble.
Summer is hard for me as I wear so many layers,
hats and all sort of accouterments.
It's too hot for my style.
Imagine that: upstaged by the weather!!!







My outfit today was 'I'm going dotty.'
The dress was cream with red polka dots.



During the summer we do a summer project where we 
have free classes for teenagers.
This year we are helping Orla and Mark 
while they make pieces for their portfolio.


Orla made this lovely head piece.


The floor is our workshop


 Mark is making a bodice.
The theme for both is moulin rouge.






The bodice under construction.


Lots of other things have been going on behind your back.

We are getting photos of men in beards for our 
beardo of the year competition.
Best beard wins
judged, of course, by Rory.


Let sleeping dogs lie.!!



Nice beard



A film made at mayfly


Roisin helping us out.











We are now sharing the cafe with lurve a vegan collective




There I was outside my shop one thursday evening when I saw this
exotic creature across the road.
I couldn't take my eyes off her, neither could anyone else in
street.
Then I twigged who it was, none other than my fellow blogger.
It was so amazing to meet Ulla in real life.
She is so beautiful. I didn't want to let her go.






15 comments:

Forest City Fashionista said...

I was wondering what happened to you! I love the phrase "feeling like a pound in a half-pound jar" even though I understand it's not a good feeling. It is hard to put together a good outfit when it's hot.

That is so cool that you met Ulla Marie - she is a lovely exotic creature.

thorne garnet said...

my outfits take a nose dive in the summer, too. And it's too humid to wear make-up, it slides right off.

That a lovely headpiece the young one made.

And how nice to meet Ulla.

two squirrels said...

Hello sweet.......yip life just snow-balls sometimes or for you poppets sun-balls...tee hee. I am with you I seem to be more able to dress for winter than summer....
The polka dots are a winner always.
Love the beard and moustache on the gentleman.
Love V

Vix said...

Lovely to see you back and blogging! How exciting to meet Ulla, I loved the photos she posted of the two of you on her blog! xxx
PS Yes, come to Glastonbury next year!!!

Curtise said...

Nice to see a post from you. As always your shop is full of interesting people, and Ulla-Marie is a vision of loveliness! xxx

Frances Rae Copywriting said...

Im your newest follower- just saying Hi, look forwards to reading your posts- would be great if you could follow me back, I dabble in a bit of vintage like you lot and mix it up with some music- if its not your cup of tea no worries! x

Jane O Sullivan said...

hello Lucy , me too , crazy busy , its overwelming summer , go go go !
Ulla reminded me of the ozzie clarke models in celia birtwell ,floating around Chelsea , she is otherwordly , I can just imagine what you say , mesmerized ! Lovely to hear from you , hope to see you soon . I am undecided yet about the august zine fair and will let you know. Jane x

Helga said...

O, life just gets in the way sometimes!
I am crazy for that lasses yellow frock and spotty bolero combo! XXX

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I struggle to find the time to blog, even though I don't do much. I love the spotty tights (or are they socks) - they look fantastic. How wonderful that you met Ulla, I bet she's stunning in real life and so happy to meet you too xxx

jimbo said...

Dee you are a total star..your shop i so unique becaus you are so unique a real trooper. Thats why you have been in business for 25 yrs nothing fazes you a real blitzer bring it on..........

Ulla-Marie said...

It was a really really lovely meeting, but I wonder how I could have missed your husband in your blog Before? He is undeniably eye-catching fancy!

Melaina25 said...

Lots of polka dots throughout the post :)

Thanks for linking up please grab the badge/link and comment and you are good to go!
✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

OMG you met the majestic Ulla??????? That would make my summer complete!!! I have no doubt she caused a stir, my she is a stunner!! Now you'll have every Tracey, Denise and Harriet popping their head around the door asking after the Goddess they spotted at the shop! Aaaah I hear you with the ridiculousness that is summer, when the layers must be discarded and one feels underdressed and not ready for anything. I always get such a thrill when I see the beautiful people creating beautiful, wearable art or simply gracing the floor of your incredible shop! Love Rory's "dressed" beard! xoxox

love_ambam said...

Great pics from the workshop! You seem like your so busy, but I'm sure it's worth it! I too have been neglecting my blog, please check out my blog if you find that you have time too :)

www.loveambam.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm following your blog so beautiful
Yazgülü - Güzel Sözler - Anlamlı Sözler - Özlü Sözler - Etkileyici Sözler - Güzel Özlü Sözler - Güzel Anlamlı Sözler - En Güzel Etkileyici Sözler - Yazgülü Sohbet - Sohbet Net